Wednesday 1 December 2016
Unique and Innovative firms sweep the board at Surrey Business Awards
Local business from Surrey are today celebrating after their unique and innovative offer was crowned at a prestigious awards ceremony at Epsom Racecourse.
Camberley based The Massage Company and Cre3ative Rooms from Guildford were two of the winners announced at t
he SME Surrey Business Awards, a sought after accolade of achievement, an endorsement of hard-work, determination and enterprise in business.
“We are delighted win Best New Business in Surrey.” said Charlie Thompson, Operations Director at The Massage Company, whose vision is to bring high-quality massage to the mainstream. “As a business we bring a whole new concept to the UK. Massage should not just be a luxury – it should be a vital part of leading a balanced and healthy life.”
“To receive this award is not only a recognition of what we offer but a wider encouragement to anyone or any business thinking of doing something different. It can work, it does make a difference and Surrey is the place to do it.”
“When it comes to business success Surrey has a lot be proud of.” said Stewart Wingate, CEO of Gatwick Airport who were the headline sponsor of the high profile event. “I have no doubt that much of the success in the county is down to the innovation, enterprise and hard work that so many of the businesses here tonight represented.”
Cr3ative Rooms is a business focused on existing or about to be built rooms and turning them into fun, usable spaces using the latest technology. They were announced as winners of the Enterprising Business Award.
“We have a unique offering and after all the hard work the team put in to ensure we provide a ‘whole job’ approach to our customers to win this award is just wonderful.” said Nick Sedgwick, Director at Cr3ative Rooms. “We offer a complete service from design, to build to installation and to support and to receive this accolade from the county we are proud to based in is a great boost to everything we do.”
“Tonight’s Awards were a celebration of local companies in Surrey who we can champion together for the wide range of goods, services and products that available in our county.” said Peter Martin, Deputy Leader of Surrey County Council.
The 2016 Surrey Business Award Categories were:
- The ALPS Partnership Apprentice of the Year
- The Events & PR Best New Business Award
- The Woking Council Business Innovation Award
- The Epsom & Ewell Council Business of the Year Award
- The Spelthorne Borough Council Business of the Year Awards
- The Reigate & Banstead Borough Council Business of the Year Award
- The Waytime Technologies Business of the Year Award
- The Surrey County Council Business of the Year Award
- The Breathe HR Employee of the Year
- The Gatwick Airport Enterprising Business Award
- The Rothmans Chartered Accountants Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- The Green Award
- The Enterprise M3 Growth Hub High Growth Award
- The Not for Profit Business / Organisation Award
- The Menzies Accountants Service Excellence Award
- The Surry Business School Team Development Award
- The WSPA Architects Young Business Person of the Year Award